View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Custom columns question

At the moment I have two main tags like columns (tags and shelves from goodreads). I created another column - genres. I populate it with syncing with goodreads sync plug in.

What I want is to populate it from other columns too. Is it possible?

I probably wouldn't be able to sync to custom column made from other columns or could I?

Actually I just thought of a way. Don't know if it would work. I could sync to shelves column. And I could create a custom column for genres which would be from tags and shelves.

Now the problem.
The problem is that I want it to take only specific values like - historical, sci-fi, fantasy, contemporary and not take other tags like short etc. I want to extract only genres. Is it possible to make it add only those values which are determined before.
Would it be possible to add new values later?

I want to group all my tags - book length, genres, character etc. into columns. So instead of 150 tags I would have organized structure.

Basically forget the syncing part. Just how to make a custom column from two columns which would extract only specific values?

I'd appreciate any help. Hope it is possible.

Last edited by Noughty; 10-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote