View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
So it's looking more and more like the Kindle is going back. My main reason for choosing the Kindle would have been content availability, but now that I can easily convert .lit to .lrf, and I can get library books, I think it's going to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship between me and Sony!
Agree with everything you say. When I fist got my Sony... back when it had just been released the Sony store was a waste land of nothing and what was there had high prices. Thanks to the Kindle this is no longer true... the selection and prices on the Sony store have much improved.

As you said, to each his own. I have one of each right now. I have still yet to buy an eBook from Amazon or Kindle. Actually, if the Astak Mentor comes through with a great device I may just switch to that. Both my sons have iPod touchs so we would be able to share eReader books.

Really... most of the frustration of selection is not so much hardware but content. I am hoping that ebooks eventually go the way of emusic which now has a "standard" format of .MP3 and many stores that sell it DRM free.

Yes, I know I live in Disneyland... <G>

BTW: Good Choice <for you>. Enjoy your Sony!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote