View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Firmware update 1.0.5.11130?

I infrequently plug my Reader to my computer (I use wifi and dropbox), but I was feeling lazy yesterday and plugged it into my laptop to discover that there was a firmware update 1.0.5.11130 (I think those were the last digits). I didn't really read what the "improvements" were, I just ran the update. It went without a hitch, I loaded the books I wanted to upload to reader and went about my business.

So for grins today I went to the Sony eSupport site to see what the improvements are (I vaguely remember it was going to remove Google Books since that doesn't work anymore) and you know what? The firmware update isn't listed. Only the firmware version 1.0.04.12210 is there.

I guess my question is, has anyone else here with a PRS-T1 gotten this update? I'll have to play with my reader when I get home to see if Google Books is gone from it.

It would be nice to know what other "improvements" were done though.

Last edited by luvduchovny; 11-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote