View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #11
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
Because I pretty much have. I still own a PB 360 (original), and it works well, but when it'll be time to replace it, I don't think PB will get my money.
what am I going to do? I still don't know, really. I very much agree with all Kacir has written, and although my PB903 is doing (almost all) it is supposed to do, I am very frustrated with the lack of communication and above all the lack of firware updates - it feels very much like a continuous work in progress, with PB changing manufacturers and software developers, discontinuing lines even before the software is fully developed, and quite dumbly not providing the necessary accessories to make their models take off. I do get the distinct impression that they are simply spread too thin, and I am really not suprised that they've abandoned the US market as it seems to me here in Europe we are much more tolerant than over the pond of low levels of customer service.

Mind you, I am not talking of the people who actually sell PB devices, but if they are sold with half developed software and no manual that one can speak of there is not much retailers can do. Not to speak of the Obrey service, which is beyond pathetic.

Nevertheless, I am now so used to the customization, that when I look around for a substitute for my devices when they are going to die I cannot find anything at the moment that would be a satisfactory substitute, in spite of the shortcomings. Onyx seems on a par with Pocketbook in terms of being spread thin, and I'd rather stick to the devil I know

But I am open to suggestions
paola is offline   Reply With Quote