View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #25
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You could use the PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE variable to see if this is 64 bit or 32 bit OS; AMD64 or IX86.

The comments output by the batch file are a bit misleading...

On a 64 bit Windows, 32 bit Java is in %ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\ and 64 bit Java in %ProgramFiles%\Java\
The comments should be correct now! The previous version of the batch file would have worked on a 32-bit machine with 32-bit Java or a 64-bit machine with 64-bit Java. The errors are on the paths where it is 32-bit Java on a 64-bit machine. As I do not have a 64-bit machine this is not something I can test directly so have been trying to simulate.

Your idea of using the PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE variable is interesting. I will have to see how it varies across different environments to see if it is actually useful in this particular case. If nothing else I think it might be a good idea for the comments output by the rungui.cmd file to give its value for any future trouble-shooting.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote