View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #12
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I just don't understand why people feel that they need to go into forums and comment on devices that they do not own.
That is sort of the attitude I think ends up hurting the community. I used to be a die hard Sony fan. I remember once, long ago, making some sort of comment to the effect of, "Why would I want a device with a cheap plastic body, when I have this nice metal 505?"

I wasn't trying to provoke anyone, or cause trouble. It was just my honest observation. I couldn't understand why I'd want to "downgrade" the quality of my product. I thought the Kindle looked cheap and clunky, and the Sony looked sleek and well manufactured. I really thought that the Sony line was superior in every way to the Kindle. If I had been attacked and called a Troll for saying something like that -- or if I had been unwelcome to even enter the Kindle forums without first owning the device -- I would have never stuck around long enough to realize just how amazing of a device the Kindle really is.

Sometimes people say things simply because they are ignorant of the situation and the facts at hand. Calling a spade a spade isn't always as clear cut as it may at first seem, and jumping to conclusions about a person could end up chasing away someone would might end up surprising you in the long run.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote