View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #50
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I finished it a couple of days ago. I found it an excellent read, as many others have said, covering a history of which I'm largely ignorant from the point of view of a participant, which is always interesting.

Can someone who does know about the history confirm (or otherwise) that is is reasonably accurate?

I agreed with the post above that Scarlett has many positive qualities, as does Rhett. Although early on in the book (i.e. before the war), Scarlett is pretty repugnant, she shows her gumption from that point on. It seems understandable to me that she might become ruthless in pursuit of financial security, given what happens to her.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote