View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
I just got my PP but after about 6 attempts so far, I still cannot access the device's storage when I have it connected to my PC. Half the time Windows tells me it performed a "failed operation". Once it's told me it that the USB connection to the device failed. And every time I double-click the removable disk in My Computer, my system hangs as it tries to read from the device and then gives me the message "Please insert a disk". After like 10 minutes, it'll give me some fail message or I give up and yank the USB cable.

I assume this is not normal? Are there known issues with Windows 7 64 bit?

Edit: Great...now Windows tells me I need to format the device before I can use it. Starting to feel like one of my former bad USB flash drives.
Does your computer have the Intel USB chipset?
I had to disable the USB 2.0 Enhanced feature in the Device Manager (This makes the USB behave as USB 1.x) on XP. So far I have had to do this with 3 different brands of mainboards, all used Intel USB.
Whatever the problem with Intel chipset is, it is Marginal. Sometimes it works or makes you think it is going to work. I have even used this work around to get a K2 that was having problems, to work.

Read the various threads (from October, onward) hear with USB2 in their subject.
My permanent solution was to put a USB 1.x board in my main computer (also has Calibre) so I could leave USB2.0 mode enabled.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote