View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #408
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I think Kobo should provide a setting to enable/disable auto-firmware-updates, like most other programs and devices that offer auto updates have. Calibre doesn't force me to update. My iPhone doesn't force me to update. My Samsung video devices don't force me to update. They just notify me when an update is available, what's new in the update, and leave it up to me to decide (usually after I hear the feedback from the early adopters).

It's not that Kobo is doing a bad job on the updates - I think most people seem to like having frequent updates and new features, even if you can't please everyone - but it's also pretty standard to allow the end user to disable updates these days. There are times when you just don't want to fool around with problematic new features or changes, for example when downloading a few new books to read before leaving on a trip.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote