View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
How long, in your opinion, should we stay ePUB2 compatible? Are all the dedicated readers out there compatible?
As long as there's still only one device-reader that supports it. {shrug}. Well, two, if you count the latest Kobo. The bottom line is, right now, the greatest amount of device sales, internationally and in NA, are devices that are ePUB2-compatible, not 3. I don't mind making 3's; the capitalist in me says, "oh, goody, I can charge more." But the reality is, there are probably 100x the devices that can't. And, no, I'm not counting iPhones. Why am I not? Because the numbers say that while i-People buy videos and games and apps, they don't buy books, not off the iBookstore.

I know that there are 2-3 reading apps, all i-based, that have multimedia (and of course, PC and Mac-based readers), but until the devices go to it, I'm sticking with 2. And as far as the "new" TOC for all of them? I suspect of all the ePUB3 features, that and slightly more advanced CSS will be implemented before multimedia, due to the overwhelming number of e-ink devices that simply can't support video and/or audio.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote