View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
Really dumb question: what is the deal with "Android Market"?!

Hi,

I begin this post with an apology: I am really a newbie at this Android business and I am going to ask a really basic question. What the hell is the "Android Market"?! I cannot download any applications from it even though I have several Google accounts. I tried from my desktop and from my Android device (Pocket Book IQ 701). How do I get an Android device associated with my Goggle accounts? Why is it that some free (as in "gratis") applications are only found there?! What is the deal with this weir looking barcode for download and why can't I simply download a apk package to my desktop?

What if I don't want to deal with Google? Is there no repository where all free apk packages for Android (as in "beer" and/or as in "freedom") can be simply downloaded. If yes, could you pass me the URLs for it? If not - can you explain to me why not?!

Thanks for any pointers!

Farhad
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote