View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #15690
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes, those things were very predictable (especially for the lead, seeing as its a trilogy), but the predictability didn't detract anything from it, as far as I was concerned. It became more about the "hows" & "whys" than the "whats", personally.
I agree. Knowing what is coming is - I think - an intentional part of the tale; which is not that unusual for this type of story. The style of the story-telling in the Hunger Games at first annoyed me but eventually I enjoyed it. There's something slight odd, off-beat, about it that gave the story a different feel. I wasn't thoroughly impressed by the conclusion of the series, but I ended up enjoying most of the ride getting there.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote