View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #15685
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
Speaking of Hunger Games... have you finished the first book, Stitchawl?
Yes, I finished Book 1 a few days ago. I had no burning desire to just right into book 2, but it wasn't a bad read. It reminded me of the movie 'The Running Man,' but with younger characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I was motivated to read them because one of my twins will begin reading it next week with his reading group in class. The other twin has decided to read it just because. I'm concerned that it might be too violent for 4th graders,
I think it would be a good read for older primary school kids. They are exposed to just as much violence in every computer game, and far more 'gore.' At least the Hunger Games makes for a bit of thought-provoking possibilities.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote