View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #71
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Yeah I've thought about that as I have the iPad 3 and the iPod touch 4G. But this year they finally updated the iPod touch and gave it a slightly bigger screen but upped the intro price from $200 to $300! I'm afraid that if they want $300 for a small 4" screen they are going to want at least $400 for a mini. I've also heard the mini might be 8" instead of 7", which would make it a tad bigger than I would want for a reader. But I will definitely keep up with the news and see what Apple does actually release and how much they want for it.
What's the iPod touch 4G, the iPhone 4? Edited to say: ooooh, 4th generation! Duh!

I preordered the new iPod touch, and, believe me, I desperately looked for PMP alternatives, but Apple has crushed the competition a while back and only a few lone contenders are hanging on.
At $300 it's more expensive than my Nexus 7 tablet, so I am paying more for portability. Even if the iPad mini came at that same price point, the screen resolution is said to be rather low, so it may be the same as the iPod's. So, I think that they'll figure out a way to make it more interesting, like super 4G prepaid rates or something. We'll see...
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote