View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Sirmaru: I definitely see the blue border on left and top sides on mine with my naked eyes. Not sure why only on those sides.

I think the problem isn't so much that people are used to backlit display. They have uniformity problems too. It's just that on LCD, you see a variety of content with different lightness darkness and colors. With this, you just have a white screen and any unevenness or color change stick out like a sore thumb. Of course LCD has been worked on a loonnng time, too.

But really, the #1 problem was amazon overhyped it and set really high expectations. And the early reviewers raved about it and made us think it is really that good. I preordered it; I always took a wait and see approach with previous kindles.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote