View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #144
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Stumbled on this thread, maybe you've seen it, discussion about genres, tags, columns :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145374
I really liked chaley's explanation in that thread of how and why he does things with tags and columns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
You can do most of what you'd do with searches by clicking the appropriate things in the tag browser. Holding down the Ctrl key allows you to select multiple things.
Also, the search syntax is really easy: just type the field you want to search in, followed by a colon, followed by the string you want to search by:
Code:
authors:"John Smith"
Or, for boolean searches:
Code:
formats:True
Then chain appropriate search terms together with 'and' or 'or', and you're done
Yes. I've been trying to train myself out of relying on the tag browser. So I'd been trying different searches and becoming a little more comfortable with using the search box, even advanced searches. But now I have to wait till I gather some books to search on.

Last edited by unboggling; 08-23-2011 at 02:16 AM.