View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Clownzer
Clownzer began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Decision - Sony's PRS-600 or B&N Nook

Mobileread.com

Hello everyone and please excuse my noobness as this is my frist post here on mobileread.com. To give a breif background, I have been looking at e-readers for quite some time, mainly at Sony's offerings, and it hasen't been until recently that I have found myself in situations that I would actually use one more often then not. So I figured this would be a good time to refresh myself with the latest offerings that the tech world has to offer.

With that in mind and having spent quite a few hours reading reviews from various sites and digging through this forum I think I have narrowed my choices down to the following:

Sony's PRS-600
B&N Nook

I really do not see much difference in the two besides the Nook having a wireless card in it and it being 40 dollars cheaper. I do understand that with the Sony I can make notes on it which may come in handy. So I am kind of at a crossroads between the two and looking for some input.

What will I be using this for?
  • School PDFs
  • Technology Books (some chm files)
  • Non-Fiction reading
  • Fiction reading

I do not plan on listening to music or browsing the web on it (isn't that what PCs and Phones are for lol).

Thanks for your input.
Clownzer is offline   Reply With Quote