View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:05 AM   #4
elmussol
elmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura aboutelmussol has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Reader Wifi
Since my original post I have upgraded Calibre to version 0.8.64 from Debian Sid (unstable) as there were a few bugs in the changelog that may have made a difference and redid the process. The following description should answer davidfor and PeterT's questions, thanks for your replies.

1: Reset to Factory Defaults and attach to computer by USB.

2: Self update to software (to v1.9.10 (r32284 of 08 Sep 2011)) and set date, time and time zone.

3: Go into Manage Library mode. Calibre correctly detects KReader and KOBOeReader volume (internal memory, no SD card inserted) successfully mounts in file manager.

4: Rerun Calibre Welcome Wizard successfully.

5: Send a combination of epub/pdf files to main memory. Jobs "Upload books to device" and "Send metadata to device" successful. New content appears correctly in Calibre device browser, files also show up in file manager.

6: Successfully test open a pdf and an epub from the device memory in external viewers to check file intergrity.

7: Eject device from within Calibre. Quit Calibre.

8: Unplug device. Wait for new content processing. No new content.

9: Reattach device. Files still in file manager but not in Calibre browser.

This what the permissions look like:

Code:
box:/media/KOBOeReader/Baum, L. Frank (Lyman Frank)# ls -al | grep Wonder-rw-r--r--  1 me me 116567 Sep 13 10:44 Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The - L. Frank Baum.epub
el Mussol
elmussol is offline   Reply With Quote