View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #50
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
But, to stay in your analogy. I buy 10 cars from GM. I fully pay for them. Five years later I buy another car. And I fail to make the payments on it. Now, GM comes along to repossess ALL my 11 cars. That is what Amazon does. And it would certainly not fly with 'material' goods.
I disgree with the anology of them coming to get
the 10 cars you paid for. They are denying you access to their systems, not coming an staking your stuff.

The analogy I would use is: you did something rude in a GM office building, so GM banned you from the building AND came and repossessed your car. They may have a right to ban you from the building, and under certain circumstances, the may have the right to repossess your car, but the can't take back your car because you were rude in the office.

That's what I think is wrong with what Amazon is accused with doing. You allegedly violate one policy, so they blanket cut you off from everything to do with your account. The punishment doesn't seem to fit the alleged crime.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote