View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #45
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
The links work until almost every word is linked. I've seen some websites like this and it makes it virtually impossible to actually read and comprehend the page. There is too much push in our world and Internet these days and not enough pull.
Well, that's where one would hope the author/publisher would have some sense.

For example, I know I'd be willing to have 10ish linked terms in my book. Since I'm the publisher, I could take care of it to make sure it works that way. (Granted, no one is banging down my door to advertise in my books...)

Now, sure, Random House might decide that having every third word, and writing in extra scenes to add more words, linked is a brilliant plan. But my guess is their sales would drop.

One of my hopes for the indie book movement is that as more writing moves to the control of the author, that we'll see a more tailored and sensible approach to pricing and methods of making money off of books.
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote