View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:12 AM   #18611
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Hey have you read Dan Wells series about John Cleaver? If yes, how does it compare?
I read it and liked it a lot, so I was wondering if I should read Partials. Thanks.
No, I haven't - I hadn't even heard about it until yesterday. After enjoying Partials, that other series is something I might well consider reading, though.

Partials is definitely YA, and it does suffer a bit from one YA trope I don't necessarily care for (not only is the teen protagonist the one to have to save the world, which I can deal with, since it's usually the protagonist's job!, but all the adults tend to be more close-minded, stubborn and wilfully blind than the teens, and that never sits quite comfortably with me), but if you're fine with those two things, I'd recommend it.

It's different enough in tone from most current YA out there, especially in that the protagonist doesn't go all damsel in distress the moment a cute boy arrives, and there is no insta-love.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote