View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #15
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I run two websites, both of which I created without any training or experience. I used Dreamweaver (quite an ancient edition now, but it does all I want)--a design-layout program akin to Front Page, the web equivalent of a desktop publisher. I almost never look at the HTML.

The things you need to remember are that if you use fancy fonts, there's a big chance that the person on the far end doesn't have them on ther device, and their web browser will default to some other font, with ugly results. And that pictures, when inserted, have to be the right pixel size. No good putting a 4000 pixel image into a 1920 wide page. It gets messy hat way.

For body type and headline fonts, I use Verdana and Georgia, both practicaly universal on PCs, and both very clear on the screen. Fancy fonts are done as graphics.

I bought my domain names, and organised hosting, neither being expensive nor difficult.

I use Filezilla (freeware) to upload.

[promotional links deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-04-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote