View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #105
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
well, if you run linux, and more specifically, a distro that comes with nautilus (a file manager), if you launch Connect to server from nautilus' menu, then type in the usbnet info of the kindle, then it'll show up similar to a flash drive, and then you can edit things with your regular computers.
Do I need the tools, or can I just use any file browser?
My understanding was, that certain files are locked. Editing them will cause some sort of virus warning or something? At least, back in the days the OS would notice when a file has been modified.
Especially OS files should be protected.
I still remember some parts of the procedures of Sudo Root and stuff, and trying to gain access on a harddrive using the OS's clearance.
Without it, you'd not be able to access (or see) those files.

I could be wrong, it's been such a long time ago.

Also, there's a file for windows to be able to read EXT formatted drives.
Once installed, you could access the drive, and even change it. I wonder if that may be able to do it?
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote