View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #232
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Interesting... *she looks at her desk, considering the possibilities* I don't know if I have room for a second screen, but my tv can be used as a second display. All I'd need is a cable. Maybe I can work something out over there.

Something similar I have done is working on my laptop with the project open in Scrivener and researching on the Dell Duo in tablet mode right next to me. I find it helpful to keep the project in front of me - I'm less likely to go off on a tangent. Something else I like to do with the Duo is collect photos that inspire me or bring to mind scenes for the story, and when I feel bogged down I can reach over and swipe the screen to flip through them.
You can buy USB transponders - devices that will transmit the screen image to a device several metres (yards) away. You need the USB dongle and a receiver to plug into the TV or Monitor. I saw one in a computer store here (Australia) for $99 last week. By the same token, I could have bought a 23" Hi Res LCD monitor for the same price.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote