View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
If I were you, I would either ask for a placement or send it back and defective and try again later, if you can bear not having a PW for a while. I loved the interface so much that I could not fathom just asking for a refund, and therefore had my fair share of replacements until I settled on the ones I can live with: one with very very faint blotches, one with detectable but faint blotches and a hole in the screen, and one that has an almost even pink hue over-all, with only a bit of green (that last one, I decided to keep because I was asked for one as a very last-minute present and it was the least bad one of the 5 devices I was about to return) .

I find that there is a diffence in the type of "bruises" you see, and yelow-blue, to me, are the most unpleasant ones. The all pink one is easier on the eyes.

So, yes, I do have one that is almost perfect, and the conviction that such a unit exists is what kept me going. Someone else here gave up on Amazon replacements, but ended up buying one in BB or Staples and said her screen is perfect and blotchless, so you can try to get one in a store and send yours back for a refund, maybe? Worst-case: the store bought one is just as bad or worse (oh yes, there is worse, and I've had it) and you return/exchange it as well.

Last edited by xendula; 12-02-2012 at 01:49 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote