Thread: Columns
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It does look (unexpectedly) good

I guess, if I get it right, you could have a narrower width for the notes if you add "clear: right" to their style.

One wishes there was a way to have some vertical space between text and footnotes, but not between notes and notes (and the + CSS selector is no use, because the notes are not defined consecutively). By the way, no need to define the "width: 95%" for the text, you have the margins, the width is the rest.

As for "profanating XML", I don't see a problem, you enclose the footnotes in tags and place them (in the source) where they belong with respect to the main text...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote