Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #56
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I love the metaphor. Anyway, I'd have to agree with you. Although, my beliefs for why pulp is coming back are probably different than yours. With the advent of this new "now" culture that we live in, our attention span are getting shorter. Everyone is so connected to so much different entertainment, they don't seem to have time to invest in anything anymore. Youtube videos are like the most entertaining thing to certain demographics. And in that timeframe of what? 1 minute - 2 minutes? They're entertained.

Television and videogames are so in right now that it's almost like a media overload. So, I'm wont to think shorter is better.
Agree 100% actually. if we can even get people to read it's a miracle, reading a long book is even more of a miracle. Besides all that, write shorter books and you can write more of them

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 05-22-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote