View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I might wait for the PB 611 that seems similar to PB 301 (no music which I don't need + WiFi which sounds attractive).

My concern is the software, since honestly I don't want to explore new systems - just to turn pages again. The Pocketbook firmware-software combination has suited me well.

All I do is prepare a book on PC (from scan or Internet - using Calibre to try and get the best format for a specific book in HTML, if it's a PDF - cutting the pages in half with A-PDFcut) and put it on the SD card through USB.

And the dictionaries (some self-made) - would they still be usable?

They still sell 301 on the German site (The Germans probably are as conservative as I am). But there is not delivery option for US.

I would take a look at Android-based readers, only all the PDF readers on my cellphone take forever to load pages.

On PB 301 it works much better, even in a large document. The font size is also adjustable. I am afraid they might have simplified all that in a new PB Basic as it often happens with streamlined models.
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote