View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm up to a Feast for Crows and since I was first on the hold list at Overdrive, I decided to get started on the B&N sample. I was a little disconcerted to discover that what seemed to be an ample 114 pages in the sample translated to page 44 in the "real" ebook. And since a lot of that 114 pages is taken up with contents, blurbs and so forth, the reading sample itself was only a chapter plus a bit of the second. Just as an FYI.

Despite my reading of the GRRM opus (Curiosity's got me about what happens next; I don't think the books are well-written), I'm not especially into fantasy either. I voted for my own nomination, Wicked, which seems more my cuppa in the fantasy stakes. Since it's a non-starter, I'll probably be on the sidelines, although I could participate in a discussion of Game of Thrones.
I think I'll read Wicked no matter what wins. Fantasy isn't my cup of hemlock, but Wicked seems interesting. Plus, it's been made into a musical. Must be something to it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote