View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #166
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Female TTS voice seems slow because of fuse overhead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickeFix View Post
I have also problems with the female TTS voice. If I unpack tts-files.tar (so I get a "data/" folder in the root directory of the Kindle) I can hear the female voice sporadically but with very large pauses between the sentences. After just one or two sentences the Kindle gives up and reverts to the male voice which works good (except from the crackling noise).

In order to remedy this I compiled an update including the TTS-files (with SKIP_TTS_FILES="") but then the Kindle hanged both for the male and female voice.

Any ideas why this occurs and how to fix it?
From quick glance using htop, it seems that fuse which is used to access /mnt/us takes considerable CPU resources, and produce strange-sounding female TTS. However, male voice (which is on rootfs) does sound good to me in beta4 (with already mentioned ticks from time to time).

My log for beta4: http://mjesec.ffzg.hr/~dpavlin/kindl...ke-package.log
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote