View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #2783
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@rogerinnyc: It should create a [/mnt/us/]python folder (exactly like the K5 version). If it didn't, something went wrong. Since it requires a somewhat large amount of space (~60 or 70MB), check that you do have some free space on your device .

Yep, if it doesn't find Python, the cover mode isn't enabled, so, nothing surprising there (although there *is* an overflow folder in this version, but it's only used when switching to cover mode from another mode, so it should be mostly empty on a fresh install).

And, yeah, the python update ends up caught in the update trap because it's not whitelisted (I'll probably disable that feature in the next round of update, it doesn't make much sense now, and didn't prove that useful during its lifetime anyway ^^).

So, no, if the update was successful, playing with the jailbreak won't change a thing. (On the other hand, if it failed with a U007 error, then, yeah, you need the latest jailbreak).

I could ask you to check the logs, but there's no error checking in the python update script, since it's not doing anything extraordinary besides unpacking a tarball...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote