View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #52
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I think I was unclear. I meant that people here claims that they have proof read the texts better than the source (that can be from distributed proofreader). So if there is a MobiPocket here where that holds and the creator is no longer available isn't it better to start with the best version when you want to enhance it? Or if you want to take the best version and merge the changes into the distributed proof reader versions?
<shrug>

I see that as an edge case, that won't happen all that frequently.

Quote:
Also if you loose your own source files for a book and want to enhance it you will be glad if you can unpack your book. The MobiPocket book is saved here so that you will not loose. But people usually do not backup files regularly so when the disk crash you can loose the source files.
Again, an edge case. I wouldn't make a decision based solely on that possibility.

Quote:
It seems like zip is better than. I will change to that.
It will make it easier for folks here, since everybody likely has a utility to extract zip files (the capability is a built-in called Zip Folders on Windows XP/Vista, though a dedicated archive utility is a better option.)

Quote:
I do not remember. Maybe PkRar or something like that.
Thanks. I'll have to look it up. RAR/WinRAR are the only things I know of that create RAR files. It's nice if there is something else.

Quote:
Yes, that is also an obvious advantage. Did you imply that this was a bad thing to do?
Whether it is bad depends on whether the person who created the files wants people to be able to extract it. They may have reasons for not wishing to permit that.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote