View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #4
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by worley View Post
I wonder if it might be my actual unit that is defected?!
I share your pain... The idea of having to give up hyphenation and proper justification would have been enough for me not to have upgraded from the Touch to the PW had there been no improvements to the fonts and screen resolution. I personally find the occasional jagged edge very distracting... If it's any consolation, the effects of Amazon's mobi justification algorithm are even worse in languages like German and Dutch, where longer word length, more often than not, results in jagged edges.

And no, it's not your unit. Unfortunately, you'll have to convert your books to AZW3 (if your computer is fast, you might try a batch conversion in calibre, which should speed up the process somewhat).
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote