View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Emily Hope
Emily Hope began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Sorting collections by author/title

Hi, all,

I'm new here--I just took the plunge and bought a 505, which I *love*. However, I am having an issue--there doesn't seem to be a way to sort collections by author or title within the reader as opposed to by date. I have done some searching on the forums, and there are several threads on the subject, but I couldn't seem to find a resolution (maybe because there isn't one?)

I was hoping that I'd be able to do this on EBook Library (I'm using the new 3.0 on a Mac). However, although I can change the way the books are sorted within the software, when I unplug the reader, they're still sorted by date. On EBL, the books are labeled by number (in the order they appear on the reader) in the left-hand column, but when they are resorted by author, the numbering doesn't change, and I can't figure out a way to change it. Is there something that I'm missing here? I'm also using Calibre, if that helps.

I'm hoping that I'm missing something and that this isn't a limitation of the reader--it's driving me crazy, and I think if it were fixed the reader would be practically perfect for me. Thanks!
Emily Hope is offline   Reply With Quote