View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
I wonder how accurate this sort of data can possibly be. After all, the only way the researcher can know how long anyone spends reading is to ask them. And how many people can accurately answer a question like that?

I read a lot, but I've no idea how many hours I spend reading in a typical week. In fact, the whole point of reading forme is as an escape - to take my mind of a journey, for example, or to unwind before falling to sleep at night. By its nature, it's not an occupation that I time.

I also agree with Soldim, that the people that agree to participate are probably more avid readers. If so, that would skew the result.

Finally, I see that the survey was done in 2004 - 5. I suspect many people read a lot more than they did then, if only because mobile reading devices make is so much easier.

Still, it's an interesting article. Thanks to Soldim for posting it.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote