View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauluscaesar View Post
About my first question, I don't anyone has really explained it to me. for the moment I'm not planning on buying many books so DRM is not really my concern yet. I was trying to see if either epub, mobi or lit had any advantages to the other.
I didn't answer it because I don't really know a lot about it. There are differences, but other than the support of multiple dictionaries in mobi, I don't think they are important to the casual reader.

Quote:
I see in gutenberg now you can download their books in those 3 formats, and even with pictures? will these work on the devices? or are they jsut meant for the computer?
You can download any book you want from gutenberg or from here, in the format that is supported by your device, and it will work just fine, pictures or not.

Quote:
Cool, any programs I could use? never heard you could do that.
I have heard abbyy finereader is quite good, but it is commercial. You can try googling "ocr freeware" to look for free options.

Quote:
Yeah, I know eInk is not very fast, it's just that in some video reviews I've seen that "lag" that you mention, so a faster processor would do the trick here then?
Yes, my prs-600 is quite fast. With my other two devices, I press the next page button and have time to read a small paragraph before the page changes. With my 600 I have often had to go back a page to read what I had missed when I was still used to the 505 rhythm. Now I only press the button when I'm on the last word.
I'm not sure if there are other devices out there that are as fast.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote