View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deferredreward View Post
Ok, thank you.

Well, so far the only series I've loaded that doesn't is the Harvard classics & I solved that by just having "author sort" = "harvard". It's not beautiful, but it gets the job done & keeps the series together. I'd probably manage other series in some similar way - but out of curiosity how do you do it? Series first?
Bingo!
Actually I have 400 series so I do another layer

Code:
{series[0]}-series/{series}/{series_index:0>2s} {title}_{id}_{authors}
the first part creates a folder for the first letter.
A-series/
then there is the series name folder
Anyseries/
Inside is the books with the series index at the beginning, leading 0 padded where needed.
Last is the author

For NON series, I use a different mask.
Code:
00NoSeries/{author_sort[0]}_authors/{authors}/{title}_{id}-{authors}
This puts the tree in a folder called:
00NoSeries/
Authors are now more relevant in finding titles, so
U_authors/Unknown

title (the last Authors is just me being redundant)

{ID} is only useful to help identify a 'duplicate' that appears on your reader and is worthless if you use 2 or more Calibre libraries.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote