View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
My first battery charge lasted a long long time. Makes a mockery of Robert's constant harping about charging the battery for 12 hours. Sorry Robert, but real life just doesn't support your theory (nor does any sane electrical theory about battery charging). If normal charge time is x hours (where x is normally 3 or 4 from my experience), then whatever the state of the battery when delivered, a few hours, or at most, half what you say, will ensure it is full. More to the point, a couple of hours charge will ensure any problems experienced will NOT be due to battery problems,

BUT - different firmware versions have various poor attempts at a battery meter, and it is a contentious issue, I know. Nothing I have read or experienced has convinced me otherwise.
Sorry, but electronic theory does support a long charge.

When charging Capacitors (and more so, Batteries), they are always approaching a full charge as the never truly reach 100%. The charge gain just becomes smaller and smaller and smaller....
(charge curve, )

To the original poster
Charge for another 12 hours (over night) when the bar drops 1 or 2.
The scale is still un-calibrated, so you don't know how far you are really down.Even playing Music, I got a week out of a charge.
Not having a back light and having to actively keep the words on the display, saves gobs of battery.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote