Old 05-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #6
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDamN
Hi All...

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with watermarks in PDF files. I loaded my Canon EOS 350D manual onto my reader the other day using connect. Viewable fine in connect but only the watermark is viewable on the reader itself...

Maybe a bug (possibly with me!)
Yes,I too see that behavior. When I put the Canon User Guide( S2 IS model) PDF files on my reader (no conversion) I ONLY get the COPY watermark, no user guide text.

Also after converting to LRF with RasterFarian, I only get the watermark (COPY) no text. Strangely I get the BOTH Canon S2 IS text/diagrams AND the word COPY across the page when I used PDFread to convert the PDF source to LRF .

I mentioned my RasterFarian problem this elsewhere on the forum and hope that someone will suggest a fix for use of RasterFarian. (If it isn't user error!)

Also, I find that using the reader's Zoom feature (on content that has been converted to LRF from PDF) to enlarge the text doesn't work well. When using M or L , part of the page is off the screen (no scroll bars!!<grin>). I'll have to learn how to best use the Rasterfarian options for sizing. Maybe the Landscape mode will turn out to be best for these tired tired old eyes.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote