View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
You should see the "Account Overview" page, with, about 2/3rd of the way down a link saying "View and/or Download Books I Own (>)" - follow that...
I'll have to take a look at that when I get home.

Quote:
I'll take that bet - pity you've already read my previous paragrah though!
Actually, I'd still be right. <grin> Just logging in won't automatically refresh the list of books you see in the upper-left corner of the software interface. In fact, let's say I use somebody else's computer. This is what I'd expect:

1. I'd see their list of books, not mine.
2. I could then login under my own account and, if all 6 registered devices hadn't already been used up, register their computer under my account and go to download my books again. (Using the above, which I hadn't been aware of.)
3. Then, on their computer, the list of downloaded books would include both what they had downloaded before and what I just downloaded (again) myself.

(However, once I logged out of my account, the other person, under their account, would not be able to download those same books again themselves without paying for them. Nor, actually, could they transfer and use the books I just downloaded to their reader as the DRM would prevent it - unless I also registered their reader under my own Sony login.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob
You can just go to your purchases and re-download them.
This is good to know - especially if I lose my backup and/or I'm at some other computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy
I saw this question in your original post and haven't seen anyone address it. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I'm not quite sure why I claimed that in my original post - looking back at it, it doesn't actually make sense...

Last edited by JasonB; 06-05-2009 at 02:25 PM.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote