View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #181
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Re: music industry revenue streams:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...259031536.html
That was kind of my earlier point, and it generally does apply to those who are able to get gigs. But even smaller gigs in pubs/bars pay quite a bit from what I understand.

A writer can do a reading, but I've never been to one where the writer was paid or had a larger audience that about 5. I've been to some that were entertaining (the best was when a local comedian was asked to do the introductions and keep things moving). But in general, I can go read all day long, even on a street corner (busking) but I'm not as likely to get money thrown into my guitar case.

I don't know of a venue where a writer can draw 20,000 people to a stadium and charge upwards of 75 bucks a ticket. Or even 25 bucks a ticket for that matter.

I don't think it would even work for Rawlings. Now, if the ACTORS from the movie showed up and agreed to babble, you could probably bring in a crowd!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote