View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 04:30 AM   #9
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Even if the controller supports SDIO, you would still need a firmware update with drivers and a way to interact with the wireless. It would also need some kind of input device hack to enter WEP/WPA keys. I don't see it happening.

My thinking is Sony is sticking with its Memory Stick fetish as they have done all these years, and added SD support to appeal to a wider range of people. SD and memory stick card slots are seldom fitted with a cover, usually they just stick in a dummy (which is exactly how I got my 505, with 2 dummy sticks). Or possibly they wanted you to have the books in the memory stick slot, and you can quickly and conveniently slot in an SD card with pictures from a camera or something.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote