View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Sony Reader vs. Amazon Kindle - 5:1 for Sony?

My Spanish is rusty, but thanks to Google Translate I was able to decipher the following bit of news from El Mundo, the second largest daily in Spain (Sunday edition - June 15, 2008):

Quote:
Según los últimos datos que llegan de EEUU existen actualmente unos 50.000 lectores de libros electrónicos; editores como Simon & Schuster o Penguin, que trabajan con ellos, declaran que venden entre el doble y cinco veces más este formato que en años anteriores; Amazon lleva vendidos unas 10.000 unidades de su lector Kindle desde que empezó a comercializarlo el pasado mes de noviembre y Sony Reader ha colocado en el mercado unos 50.000 del aparato de su marca.
What it says:
  • In the US, currently around 50'000 users read e-books
  • Simon & Schuster and Penguin sell 2x to 5x as many e-books as in previous years
  • Amazon sold around 10'000 Kindle units since interception
  • Sony sold around 50'000 Portable Reader units since interception

I don't know where the journalist got these numbers from, but there are totally different from what I've heard elsewhere (where the suggested number of sold Kindles was a lot higher).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote