View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
What upsets me about the latest -- and apparently last -- update for Stanza is that support for eReader.com's DRM (formerly Palm Reader; the DRM system used by Fictionwise for commercial titles) has been dropped from the program. And the actual eReader app from Barnes & Noble has disappeared from the Canadian iTunes store (and, I presume, the other iTunes stores, too).
I wasn't going to downgrade again, but I did. I'm back to Stanza 3.1 and its not struggling at all with Red Mars.

eReader has been gone from the store for a while. I still have it and I put it back on my phone but it is so old it doesnt know about sideloading, and the books stores are no longer available, it seems. I tried to get it to connect to fictionwise but could not. I suppose the one good thing... if you *can* get it to talk to book stores... is that it works in iOS5.x, which calls into question the coding for all the others. Clearly the ereader code is basic and simple and is not broken with updates. The breakage is at store level.

If you go to the software section on ereader.com itself you'll see that there are no longer any entries for iOS at all.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote