View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #457
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_70it View Post
- ability to input Adobe Digital Editions username & password and download acsm files directly to the reader using the browser

- ability to copy or move ebooks from sd to internal memory and vice versa.
I'll second both of those, and add these:

- Fit the thumbnail to the cover image, rather than adding bars on the sides.

- Cache the covers for books stored on the card!

- Show SOME indication of activity between the "5 books on device" home screen and the "5 books including card" screen, so the user can tell the reader is doing something. Flashing the light by the power switch would work...

- Allow the user to force the reader to rescan the card for new content.

- Let the user choose a "carousel shelf" instead of forcing the five most recent books on there. I may have just bought half a dozen new books, but I'm still reading the one I was on before I synced...

- Treat the cover page as white-on-black by default, not black-on-white...or at least allow the user to select that.

- Allow series handling, including those that have multiple authors. Star Wars and Star Trek have a lot of those, and the present Star Wars format seems to be "one guy writes books 1/4/7, another 2/5/8, and the third does 3/6/9."

- Let the user purge the device's database to remove any entries related to sideloaded books that have been deleted.

- Properly detect when a sideloaded book has been changed, instead of treating it as a brand-new book. Especially important for shelves...

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 02-26-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: New features.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote