View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I don't feel that I have to write within genre though I imagine most people who write do write in the genre's that they enjoy reading in. I just wondered what ideas others might have for coming up with original ideas within the genre's that they write in. I mean if a person is writing a romance for example (either a short story or novel) there are some traditional elements and well used plots usually. I mean basically romance is plot 28 of Polti's list (obstacles to love) so there are two lovers and something which keeps them apart. What that obstacle is of course varies as does the relative roles of the characters (rich girl, poor boy or vice versa and so forth). And I don't doubt that all the basic configurations have been used before. Two lovers vs the obstacle of others being opposed to their union for example is in both Romeo & Juliet and West Side Story and probably in other stories as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote