View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #385
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynax View Post
Hi, where can I find the 5.1.0 diags kernel?
I want to try that with a 5.1 diags partition image to see if that could kick the device into diags mode. It does not appear that 5.1.0 diags with ssh has been posted yet. If somebody has a link, please provide it. Thanks.

Had a look of the U-Boot version on the device, it's
2009.08-lab126 (Nov 10 2011 - 00:14:55),
My friend's K5 has 5.0.0 system and it's older U-Boot:
2009.08-lab126 (Nov 03 2011 - 11:56:58)
The pcbsn and serialno seems to be ok via fastboot.

//====

Another question, I read this in the thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169645
"If you boot to fastboot mode, you can use yifanlu's kindle fastboot tool to flash the main partition with a copy of mmcblk0p1."
It's kind of conflict from what I've read in this thread, what we've told that we can't use fastboot to flash the Partition 1 (mmcblk0p1).
So can we? Is there a modified version from Yifan Lu?
If this is possible, I'd like to try this before thinking of debrick this via serial.
The partition images can be found by viewing the pastebin page in the "forensics" link of the first post in this "simple debricking" sticky thread. It appears that diags 5.1.0 links are missing. If anybody has links to 5.1.0 diags kernel and diags partition please let me know so I can add them to the pastebin page. Thanks.

That statement about fastboot is obsolete and incorrect. The "select boot" thread was created before we understood the fastboot limitation that does not allow flashing mmcblk0p1 using it. The later "simple debricking" sticky thread shows the correct way to flash mmcblk0p1 using the "dd" command from diags SSH.

The post at your link has been corrected to remove the incorrect information and refer to the "simple debricking" thread for details.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention so that it could be clarified. It is good to remove obsolete information that has been discovered to be incorrect.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-21-2012 at 07:24 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote