View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #12
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethingorother View Post
Hi folks,

I purchased a Kindle 3G in the US in September. I live in Germany.

The Internet worked fine in the US and in Canada, but it doesn’t work in Germany or Austria (the two European countries in which I’ve tried it). The 3G symbol appears, and I can access the Kindle store, but not the Internet.

I’ve spoken with Amazon US’s customer service, and they couldn’t explain why it doesn’t work. They told me to contact amazon.de’s customer service, which informed me that only the Kindle store and Wikipedia are accessible via 3G in Germany. They also pointed me to a link from amazon.co.uk that lists the countries in which Internet surfing is possible: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...wsingcountries

As you can see, most of Western Europe is not on the list.

I haven’t been able to find an equivalent page on amazon.com’s website.
This is very strange. This summer I was crossing Germany by car (in August) and 3G worked in the middle of traffic jam on some highway. Where it didn't work was Belgium where I usually use it.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote