View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The great advantage of Lightning Source is their distribution into Amazon.

A 200 page paperback with Lightning Source costs AU$5.25. And you can have that available at Amazon for AU$9.99 and make AUS$2.74 on each copy sold and never have to see or ship the books. And you can also make it available in all the other Amazon stores around the world.

All for $75 setup fee and $12/year. And, if you need a rushed proof copy, $43 for the proof copy.

The Ingram Advance Trade Advertising is a dead waste of money though.

But if you expect to sell fewer than 50 copies in the first year though, Lulu.com's probably the way to go.
Sorry Paul, I neglected to mention we already have a distributor doing that work for the paper books in Australia and USA. All we have to do is give them the books. The bigger sellers are offset printed and the backlist are the ones that I am really talking about. That might change the thread a tad.

It's the backlist that only requires a few hundred per year that I had in mind, not the next big hit. Sorry.

Anyhow, the POD guys in the USA win hands down, but here in Australia I'd rather print a thousand and let them sit on the shelf for five years while they sell than give all my profit to Lightning source for a couple of hundred.

Anyway . . . I love that it works at $3 per book in the US in quantities of 150 or more. It doesn't in Australia and Lightning Source will most likely be catering for others than the blacklists.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote