View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #9
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A Stevie Story

NOTE: This is the second story I wrote about Stevie Buckbee. You can read the first story here. In this story, the family names and horse names are all settled, as is most of the backstory. So this story is almost canon. :-)

Stevie Gets Back in the Saddle
by David Michael

"Yes," Stevie Buckbee said, again, "I'm ready. I have to do this. Today."

"Do you want me to hold him?" Dad asked.

"No," Stevie said. "This is between him and me."

Thirteen year old Stevie couldn't quite lift the saddle over Jack Rabbit's back, so Dad had saddled the horse, then led him into the corral. There Dad had dropped the reins and said for the umpteenth time that morning, "Are you ready? You don't have to do this yet. You have all day."

But she did have to do it, ready or not. The fingers of her right hand brushed across the scar on her lip, a nervous habit she had developed the last couple weeks...

Read the rest of the story here...

Enjoy!

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote